Let's get physical

So I've reached that point again in my life where my work out has found it's comfortable place on the back burner of my daily routine. Which really just means I don't work out anymore. And besides the fact that you can tell just by looking at me...I can tell even more by the way I feel. When I stop working out I'm always tired and crabby...not to mention unable to wear all the cute clothes I have hanging in my closet that I purchased back when I was looking good and happy with life.

When you feel like shit and look like shit...you don't go shopping for new clothes. Trying on clothes is a quick road to depression when you don't like the way you look because it's a reminder that it doesn't matter what clothes you have on...you still look like shit. And then you hate yourself for being lazy and not working out. And then you hate even more that these clothes won't fit until you start working out again. And then you realize that shopping was a bad idea.

So if the scales and the way I look wasn't enough to get my ass in gear...the fact that I'm tired all the time and don't want to do anything but lay around my apartment and eat were a good start. That, and the fact that I don't usually get laid when I'm feeling this way because I spend my days inside watching movies instead of out looking good and catching the eyes of interested men. And who doesn't want to get laid?

This morning was only my second morning of waking up earlier than the butt crack of dawn to do a work out video. Now, mind you, most people think work out videos are bogus and you can't get the kind of work out at home that you can get in the gym. These same people scoff when you tell them you worked out, but add that it was a just a dvd in your living room. These assholes must have never done a minute of P90X in their life either! But yes, once you get in to a routine of working out more than once a month--these videos can, and do, get a little old and feel like they're not working. Running on the tredmill, however, always feels like a good work out. But in my current state of fitness...a 30 minute abs, ass, and thighs work out is enough.


I figured it'd still be easy since the last time I put it in, I barely broke a sweat. I was adding weights and adding jumps and eventually decided it wasn't a hard enough work out for me. That was the last time I did the video. I put the video in on Tuesday and could barely make it through all 30 minutes. I started with extra weights like I always used...but ended up throwing them to the couch where one bounced off and almost took out my cat. They always tell you how the person in the back is modifying it for beginners and I always ignored it...until Tuesday.

There I was doing the "easy" work out and still hurting. It was humbling and frightening that I had reversed all the hard work. It just goes away. If you don't use it...you lose it. The worst part is that my asthma kicked in. I can go for an hour on the elliptical without once losing my breath...but this god damn video had me wheezing like a mother fucker. Fucking video.

By Tuesday night I could feel the lactic acid in my muscles start to tighten them up. I had worked them past the point of comfort and they were going to get back at me for it. Getting in to bed was tough...but getting out of bed Wednesday was absolute murder on them. I was stiff as a damn board. I couldn't bend anything on my body. Even my back hurt. Where on the dvd did it say I'd be working my back muscles? And I had 8 hours of sitting on my ass to look forward to.

I gave my muscles the day off yesterday only because I went drinking on Tuesday and needed to sleep in. This is how I end up off my work out routine before it ever starts... But I woke up early today and forced my muscles to move again. They hated me at first, but once they started going they warmed up and it helped stretch them out. I'm still a little sore, but it's a good sore. Working out sore is always a good sore.

Not as good as sex sore...

I forgot how much energy I have throughout the day when I get some exercise in. I'm totally rejuvenated and my mood is lifted and I love life. And even after only a couple work outs I feel the difference. I hope I can keep this up so that one day soon I'll actually see the difference.

I'm going out to California in May to visit my dad and his family so I finally have motivation again. I'm going to push through my asthmatic work outs until I'm so good at them I can tell the skinny slow bitch in the back she's a pussy for not using weights or for keeping her foot on the ground or for leaning on her leg instead of holding herself up. Can't wait until that day comes.

But in the mean time I will keep my big mouth shut and pause every now and again to take a swig off my inhaler.

Comments

Popular Posts