So this is love...



6/28/14 - Say something I'm giving up on you:  The right person will take the time, make the effort, and accept that I am a passionate, caring, giving, loving, individual who will do anything for someone who feels the same....  

The right person will let me make mistakes knowing that my heart is in a good place.  The right person will help me learn.  The right person will let me in to their head.  In to their heart.  In to their life.  And the right person will accept me for who I am.  All my faults...past...and present.  And they will want to be a part of my future.  Help me become the best person I can be....  

And if anything, I have learned that even if there is no one out there who feels the way I feel...I am not wrong.  All the best poetry, all the best songs, all the best stories...were written by people like me who feel too much.  Who feel too soon.  And who aren't afraid to jump in to life head first.

And maybe I won't ever find the right person to join me in this crazy adventure.  But I may just write the best story about it.


6/8/14 - The honest truth about dating me:  Dating me cannot be an easy thing.  But what I do know is I have a lot of love to give.  I have high standards so if I've decided you meet them then just know that I will do whatever it takes to keep you.  

My whole heart is ready to be given away.  I guess I just have to learn how to do it in little pieces first.  But if there is such a thing as a man who is willing to take me as I am right now and stick around as I become the perfect friend, lover, and eventually lifetime mate...then that right there...that's crazy!
And that is all I ask.  



8/8/13 - Nice guys finish last?:  That's nothing compared to a man who will love you and treat you well and stay by your side for the rest of your life.  Those men become core shakers when you realize just how much they love you and how lucky you are to have them in your life.  

When you can finally sit back and know how someone feels about you without having to ask...when you are confident in where your relationship is headed...when you feel safe...when you feel happy...that's when you should see how your core feels then.  See if it really prefers the bad boy who never quite settles down and can literally walk away at any moment.  See if it really wants to spend the days sitting by the phone waiting for him to call/text.  See if it wants to go back to feeling horrible and crying all the time.  I'm going to say...probably not.

So when a grown ass woman finds herself a nice guy...I hope she damn well knows it, and finally gives him a chance, and that they live happily ever after.

4/9/13 - Always a bridesmaid?:  I'm just waiting for the day where I look back on all this woe-is-me blog writing and thank god that I finally found someone to end the misery of my bitching blogs.


1/3/12 - In no particular order: You are the man I have yet to meet...or maybe I already know you and just can't even fathom the idea of a part of my past becoming a part of my future.  Either way, you are the man who is going to outshine every other man I've ever met.  These memories of the men of my past need to be replaced with new memories that you and I will make.  I never want to have to go back to that life once I've met you.  You will be the one.

I do not regret my past.  I have learned a lot from the decisions I've made.  Luckily none of them turned out to be all that bad.  The worst thing I left behind with any of those guys was a broken heart.  You will be the man to pick up the pieces and you will know how to put it back together.  You will make it whole.  You will make me a better person.  I will do whatever it takes to keep you forever.

You will be the one man who comes in to my life and becomes the reason why none of those men ever worked out.  You will prove to me that there is someone out there for me and that all the waiting was worth it.



1/12/16 - So this is love:  It's funny how you can spend your whole life writing about love without ever actually experiencing it.  All you can really do is speculate what you think it means, what you think it will be like and feel like.  You can dream about who the person will be when you finally fall in love, what type of person you will be loving them...  But you can never say for sure.  All you can do is hope.  You hope that what you picture it to be is what it will be.



I sat down to write this blog tonight and decided to go back and read the blogs where I remember I had at least one speculative paragraph about what I wanted in love.  As I was reading these words I had written--usually after some guy had left my life, or I had been on another date that went no where, or I was just feeling lonely--I found myself crying.  Not because I was sad, but because that was all over.  All those hopes and dreams about finding someone.  All those guys it didn't work out with.  All those bad dates that went no where.  All those times I opened up my heart only to have it broken and then handed back.

It took me a while to get here.  If the last three years of blogs aren't indication enough...

So while I had originally planned to sit down and write about this amazing person in my life, I realized, I had been writing about him this whole time and didn't even know it.  Every time I mentioned finding someone to be all the things I've ever wanted and needed, I was talking about him.  

He knew it before I did.  

But the day I looked over and realized I had finally found this person I had been searching for my whole life, I realized...this is it!  This is what I have been chasing.  This is what I've been writing about.  This is love.






Comments

Popular Posts